Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Macho Man" Randy Savage- Be a Man

Of all the albums in existence, Be a Man may be the most unintentionally hilarious disc ever produced. For those not in the know, “Macho Man” was a popular WWF wrestler in the 1980’s and 1990’s. Most people would know him simply as the guy who told America to “Snap into a Slim Jim” in the late 1990’s/early 2000’s. Anyway, where to begin with this album that was released in 2003 though Big 3 Records…

First off, the fact that I have this album says a lot about me. What it says, I do not know. I don’t like wrestling on any level, but after being “recommended” by a friend I decided to give it a shot. The album sucks, plain and simple. “Macho Man” spends most of the disc slamming Hulk Hogan. Apparently they had some kind of feud since he keeps challenging Hogan. Again, as a person who knows nothing about wrestling or anything, I have to be honest…I don’t get it.

It does have one of the best lines in the history of music however…

“Hollywood Hulkster, your at the end of your rope so I’m gonna kick you in the butt and wash your mouth out with soap…” (from the track “Be A Man”)

In terms of his rapping ability, there is none to be found here. His voice is raspy and like I said, listening to the music makes it impossible to take him seriously on any level. In terms of humor though, if you think of the album as some kind of joke, it’s ALMOST passable. Until you look at the cover….

Grade----F

No comments:

Post a Comment